Tuesday 9 May 2023

Imperial Knight

Alongside the recent painting up of a couple of Knight Armigers, I recently acquired a pre-painted Knight Errant. I note that it was missing a fair few bits, mostly the adornments and accoutrements to the model, but I'm not too fussed.  I could have bought the missing bits from a 3rd party "bits" company, but the model is complete enough for me to get it to the table quickly so its fine. 

As it happens the paint scheme on this model was very close to what I'd chosen for my Armigers (green and gold), so there wasn't much painting I needed to do to get it up to scratch for the table. I think this paint scheme is an "official" Games Workshop one, for House Cadmus?  I find this is one of the advantages of always trying to stick closely to Games Workshop's box art. It makes finding prepainted second options easier!  

The gold trim needed redoing, and I added the ivory accent panels to give the model some visual variety.  I also completed the fine details like the eyes, Mechanicum symbols etc. and scumbled on some lighter green to make the panels seem less flat. 

I'm not too keen on the red casings for the main weapons, but decided against repainting them mostly on the basis of "they're fine as they are", and so why create work? House Cadmus' heraldry includes red so I figured that'd do, although generally Games Workshop presents the Cadmus livery as green, black, and yellow. I gave them a few washes of caroberg crimson wash to give them some visual relief.   

I also added some transfers for the iconography (I use micro sol and micro set for transfers), sorted out the base and called it a day.

Overall, a good result I think, and together with the Armigers I now have the core of a mech-lance detatchment for any loyalist army.

They're also the solid core of a Titan Lord force for One Page Rules.



I need to drill that barrel out...



The Micro Sol / Micro Set do a sterling job on the transfers.
A bit of paint to mimic scratches enhances the effect greatly.


House Cadmus heraldry on the knee.

Ground up shot! 
The last thing most enemies will ever see...

I painted the cabling grey to give a bit of difference
without distracting from the overall tone of the model.


I guess he's the 17th Knight of the 52nd Cohort?

Still not convinced by the red weapon casings.




No comments:

Post a Comment