Tuesday 2 May 2023

Space Marine, Crimson Fists: Army Showcase - Addendum 2

The grand "get everything painted" project continues at pace, and I'm almost done with all my proper space marine models for my Crimson Fists. I had a couple of old drop pods in their boxes so I broke these out, slapped them together and threw some paint at them.

The drop pod models actually have moving parts, with the "doors" being able to swing open to reveal the interior.  I however, made the decision to simply glue them shut, saving me the time and effort of assembling and painting the interior components.  I generally don't favour moving parts on wargames miniatures, as anything that moves is more easy to break.  Also these drop pods are quite big in their closed configuration and even bigger when opened up, so I went for "permanently closed".

Anyway, they were super quick and easy to build and paint, taking about an hour (not counting drying time) from sprue to finish.





That paint scheme was very simple. A black undercoat, Macragge Blue spray top coat, sprayed with zenithal effect to retain the black in recesses and undersides, and then a simple detail highlight on the black "wings", metal parts and badge details. A black pin wash in the recesesses, and a heavy balck overbrush from below (to suggest burning from entering an atmosphere) and the pods are done.

I think its just the Primaris marines I have left to finish now, and I can call my Crimson Fist marines done (for now I guess...). I'm left the primaris until last as they are just so bland and uninspiring. Ho hum. They'll get a basic paintjob to get through them quickly I think. 



No comments:

Post a Comment