Monday 3 April 2023

Space Marine, Crimson Fists: Army Showcase - Addendum

I think the major project I'll undertake in 2023 is likely to be a 28mm Medieval army.  My club is planning a Warhammer Ancient Battles tournament which I may well become involved in. The tournament details are yet to be decided, so while I await that I've decided not to take on a new project, but rather tidyup and finish off some other armies. Notably, I want to finally get all my Space Marines finished.  I still have a bunch of second hand stuff in boxes, and also I have much of my more modern Primaris figures to do.  I just don't like these new figures as much as the old ones, but I still want them finished.

So, I dug around in the bitz boxes and discovered a whole bunch of additional bikers. These, together with some unpainted assault marines got done fairly quickly.

I then found a bunch more bikers! I guess at some point I was keen on making a fast moving combat bike force.

Anyway, here's the finished figures.

More unit leaders/commanders. One flag is freehand. the others have transfers from Skumb4g Kustoms. I need to get some Microsol/Microset solution to get these transfers looking a bit better.


Two small units of assault marines, one without jetpacks and one with all lightning claws.




The bikee wing. I had a few already done but I've completed the rest and rebased them. That attack bike (sidecar) heavy bolter's barrel needs drilling out I think.

I used some old 10mm scale Franco-Prussian War banners for the pennants.





And here are the figures currently a "work in progress".

Some more bikers.  I hve one more but my bitz box ran dry and I didn't have any more seated legs.  I've ordered som from Bitzbox. Its a bit costly but fair enough. When completed I'll have 19 bikers and 1 attack bike.

I have a fair few space marine scouts, but they're all armed with boltpistol & close combat weapon, or sniper rifle.  I had 5 pairs of scout legs, so kitbashed some upper bodies and armes etc., to get a unit of five with bolt guns.

This is an old sculpt of the Ravenguard space marines leader "Kayvaan Shrike". I think at one point I was planning a Ravenguard army but never got around to it.  He'll do for an assault leader.



In addition to this, I'm also rebasing those miniatures that have different basing. At one point I was doing the bases as "grey rock", but I never liked it as its colour shade blended in to the dark blue of the marines.  I also have a fair few models with banner poles but no banners, so they'll all get a nice flag I think.


See the rest of the army here.






No comments:

Post a Comment