Wednesday 22 March 2023

Orks, "'Ere we go!", "Waaaaagh!!" Etc. - Part 2, the showcase

In Part 1 I set out the groundwork of my Orc Raiders army for One Page Rules. As I now have it to a finish point, I think a gallery of the green tide is in order.

So, here it is. The rare thing of a "finished" army, as if an army is ever really finished!

I'm looking forwards to getting this on the table for a game of OPR, but it'll be a couple of weeks I think as "real life" will keep me off the table for a bit.

So these figures are obviously Games Workshop Orks, and I painted them to be basically "box art" Goff Clan Orks. Its kind of iconic for the figures line I suppose.

The full force in all its glory. The roster is as follows:

  • Ghazghkull Thraka - the big boss, and his litte grot helper Makari.
  • 30 "Meganobz" - big orks that can also serve as leaders and characters.
  • 20 Grots (with a handler)
  • 70 Orks with hand weapon and pistol
  • 20 Orks with shootas
  • 11 Orks with jetpacks (a unit of 10 with a character/leader)
  • 5 Orks with flamethrowers
  • 3 Killakan mechanical walkers
  • 3 Deffcoptas

Ghazghkull himself! The big boss. It'd be a brave ork that stood up to him.


This grot is Ghazghkull's little helper Makari. As with Ghazghkull, I tried to paint him as close to the box art as possible.

The grots.  I love these little figures! They're some of the simplest and yet most characterful miniatures that Games Workshop have ever made.

The "meganobs". The biggest and baddest of the orks, they're festooned with armour and wierd weapons, as well as being generally bigger than normal orks. Among them, I also have some vintage gems - old models from the mists of Games Workshop history.


The chap with the horns is a much earlier version of Ghazghkul Thrakka!

These are the orks with shootas. In One Page Rules, orc marauders are generally bad shots so arming them with long ranged weapons is a little optimistic! I think I'll mostly be using the pistol & close combat weapon units.

This is the bulk of the force, a mass of orks with pistols ond close combat weapons.  Basically they're designed to rush into melee with the enemy and start hitting.


Here are the chaps with flamethrowers.  I think i'll add these into the infantry units as supports in the game.

The killakans. They're nice enough but I think I like the Kromlech proxies for them better.  My friend, Grant, has these in his army and they look splendid!


The Deffcopters are nice models but the flight stands are ridiculously fragile.  I'm certain they will break in the rough and tumble of gameplay.


More shots of the meganobz.

And some more images of the big boss himself.



For the orks who just can't be bothered with the pesky business of running into battle and really want to get there quicker, there's the boyz with jetpacks.


More meganob shots.



And a rare treat I made a video of the mob...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment