Tuesday 3 May 2022

Stargrave 003 - Stragglers

 Following the Capran Prospectors, I have a few straggler figures to finish off.


First up is this eastern maiden figure. I forget where I got her from. Anyway, I painted her in a mix of a sort of jade blue and red. This figure will make a decent "mystic" type captain or first mate.


This chap is a Heresy Miniatures character and I have another one similar to him done with the first cadre of Stargrave figures. To make him a bit different I figured blue skin would look good.  A simple "Star Trek alien" approach to make something look a bit outlandish.


This one is an interesting one, being an old Games Workshop Tyranid model. Its wierd and a bit goofy, but makes for a good alien type. It'll find use as some sort of random monster I guess. I had no idea what colour to paint it, but my wife said "do it brown and green". I think she was right!


Next up, a wonderful Hasslefree miniature in the form of this excessively armed American police officer type. Given his clear and iconic appearance, I decided simply to paint him as a police officer in stereotyped blue uniform. Turned out OK it think, and with this uniform he'll be easily transferrable to a "modern" wargame, if I ever do something like that in the future.


And next to him a WWII Russian soldier armed with a PPSh SMG. This is a rogue figure I found, left over from my WWII Russians for Bolt Action. I considered painting his uniform yellow or orange, but I kind of went onto autopilot and he came out pretty close to his historical uniform.


And then there's this plastic bat. No idea where its from, but it clearly needed purple fur.


Next for Stargrave I'm planning to make some junk scratchbashed terrain, but I'm waiting for a hot wire cutter to be delivered (after trying to cut polystyrene with a knife resulted in destroyed polystyrene, and a room full of little white bits). In the meantime, I turned my attention to making some Loot tokens for Stargrave, and I came across a small bag of these things...


I've no idea what they are, or who the manufacturer is. I've had this for years, and its one of those bits of detritus you get in ebay job lots that I'd normally just throw away.  For some reason, these have always survived this pruning process, and now I know why!  they were waiting for Stargrave to be published and for me to get interested in it. 

So I rebased them and game them a quick repaint (30 mins including drying time for the blue wash). I'm not sure what they'll be, but i guess they are little trundle-bots or hover-bots. there's 10 of them so they could be used as a crew! But I think they're more likely to find use as robot "ruffians", drones or somesuch. At least they've found a use now though.



So, another group of figures for Stargrave finished.


Stargrave 001

Stargrave 002 - Capran Prospectors


No comments:

Post a Comment