Monday 14 March 2022

Warcry: Ogor Mawtribes

 Warcry: Ogor Mawtribes

Some friends recently tempted me into Games Workshop’s (GW) Warcry skirmish game. Although I’ve yet to have a game, I’ve started putting together a mob or two for it, digging out my backlog of GW miniatures. I have a bunch of ogres and their little goblin fellows (for some reason called gnoblars).

I didn’t do any work-in-progress shots sadly, but here’s the finished crew. One advantage of Warcry is that it has a very low model count, so you only need a few little dudes on the table to play the game. 

In this case I put together three ogres, sorry ogors. Who are implausibly using cannons as firearms! Supporting them are six of the wonderfully characterful gnoblars.

In painting the ogors, I reviewed their backstory. They appear to be fellows who love to eat (pretty much anything they can fit in their mouths). Their society also seems to be pretty brutal so I figured that constant fighting over who gets to the cookpot first would have them covered in bruises. Also, obesity does lead to some unexpected skin lesions so all together I tried to paint them with pretty bruised skin. I used a white undercoat and a mix of contrast paints, thinned acrylics, and various washes and glazes to get the effect I was after. I quite like how they turned out.





The ogors took about 2 hours to build (they needed a lot of greenstuff to fill gaps), and another 2 hours to paint and base.

For the gnoblars I decided on a light green goblin-like skin tone. Again I painted over white with contrast paint, washes and glazes, and all told these took about an hour to paint up. They only took a few minutes to build as they are basically one-piece castings, with just the heads to glue on. Thank you GW! I do so dislike building models.


Overall, I’m pleased with the result. I don’t know how good they are in Warcry, but they’ll look OK winning or losing!

Here are their game stats:

And for my painting challenge/tally, these add 60pts, so I’m now up to 450pts. Not bad.





No comments:

Post a Comment