Thursday 14 September 2023

Goblins!

For over a year now I’ve been playing the excellent One Page Rules Grimdark Future rules and continue to do so, especially now that the 3rd edition of those rules have been released.  But lately we’ve expanded our games into a bit of fantasy skirmishing using One Page Rules Age of Fantasy Skirmish rules.

So, I’ve been digging around in on the eastern face of the Lead Mountain, plucking out a few small collections of as yet unused miniatures and getting them painted ready for use on the tabletop.  We’re on a bit of a hiatus at the moment, what with summer holidays and a few other disruptions, and I’ll be away next week so it looks like it’ll be early October before I can get these chaps into battle.

I happened to have a few bashed up old goblins, and a very old metal troll knocking about.  They had bits missing and were generally in disrepair, so I scavenged some spare parts of my bitz box and threw together a small force.

I think these are Games Workshop “night goblins” so traditionally should be clad in black robes, but I wanted to go a bit brighter than that.  I therefore diverged in my colour scheme and decided on yellow checks and brown leather robes. 

The troll is, I think, and old stone troll and probably should have been grey/blue (?) But for me, trolls are green so a nice bright yellow/green scheme it was.

The chequerboard pattern took a few hours, but overall these were quick to paint and create a viable OPR goblin force I think.  Two units of three spears, and two units of three hand weapons units, supported by a leader with two hand weapons, a wizard, and another hero with a standard (in this case a horse skull.  And of course, the troll!  It’ll run at 300pts, but I’ll probably need another troll and perhaps a couple of cave monsters (I have a bag of cheap plastic spiders somewhere) will probably do it.  If not I can sub in some ogres…

Anyway, these were fun to paint and turned out OK I think.






He's the boss because he's got two hooky hooks

He's the wizard because he's all blurred.
Its probably the mushrooms.

He's sort of a bos because he's got
a skull on a stick. Which is nice.

He's the boss because, well, look at him!
I mean are you going to argue?




No comments:

Post a Comment