Thursday 26 October 2023

Ironjaws Orcs

Continuing my journey with One Page Rules Age of FantasySkirmish, next up on the painting table are a few Ironjaws orcs that I got in a second-hand box.  I think the box should have contained five miniatures but there’s only four.  However, I happened to have got a character orc, which I acquired from a Warhammer+ subscription. I used to have a subscription to Games Workshop’s White Dwarf magazine mostly because…err…I have every copy of White Dwarf except numbers 1 and 2. It used to be and excellent gaming magazine before it turned into a monthly catalogue for GW products. Anyway, I cancelled the sub and switched the money to a year’s subscription when GW first released their Warhammer+ account.  It was very much not worth the money, so after I got the “free” miniature, I cancelled.

The miniature was called “Bazdrogg Nekk-choppa” and he rounds out the squad at an even five.

As ever these GW miniatures were ridiculously fiddly to put together, with far more tiny pieces needing to be glue than necessary for the figure. When I came to paint them though, I regretted not keeping the models in subassemblies. There were many little nooks and crannies that I simply couldn’t get my brush into. Normally I’d cover these areas by slapping on a wash, but with the bright yellow, that wasn’t possible.

I chose to follow the box art closely, including the recommended paint colours. I’d usually nip out to my FLGS for the paint, but as I had a bout of Covid I ordered the paint directly from GW. They took a week to arrive, which did not impress me. 

After far more time and frustration than five models should have taken, I finally have these ready.  They’ll add to my One Page Rules goblin force, giving a few more options for force organisation.

So…here’s the results.















No comments:

Post a Comment