Friday 21 April 2023

Death Guard - Army Showcase Addendum

My project to get the Warhammer 40,000 armies finished, so that I have no bare plastic left for those forces continues at pace.

This time I dug out some outstanding Death Guard miniatures for my Plague Army.

First up I had a box of scythe-wielding Deathshroud Terminators.  These were the starts of the Terminator show in 8th Edition Warhammer 40,000 but I never got round to painting mine.





Next I had three characters still in blister packs. 

Scribbus Wretch the Tallyman

A second Foul Blightspawn

And finally I had a generic Chaos Scorcerer. So after a bit of simple kitbashing (a replacement arm, head, and the top of the magic staff replaced to make an iconic Nurgly scythe) I had this little fellow suitably infected with Nurgle's plagues!


I also found a box of Nurglings, and as I did with my other box, I split the figures out to turn three bases into six.  Very handy as this now gives me twelve bases of Nurglings to plague the battlefield.



Previous Nurglings for reference

I think all I have left to do for the Death Guard now are:

  • Mortarion (the boss)
  • A Great Unclean One
  • A Chaos Flyer (which I think is a Chaos Heldrake)
  • Three Greater Blight Drones (resin models from Forge World)

Nearly there!




No comments:

Post a Comment