Wednesday 27 May 2020

Warband Dragon Men

As my quarantine clear-up continues I came across this army in a box on the south face of the Lead Mountain.



I'm not sure what I was doing at the time, but this is a 10mm scale generic Medieval army that I'd build and based for the DBx system.

I figured that I'm unlikely to use this for anything DBx in the near future and it accurred to me that I could rebase these figures as a Warband Dragon Men army.  So, the project for the next couple of evenings will be to hack these minis off their current bases and use them to create a new fantasy army to join my Warband collection.


These are Pendraken historical figures and generally they are smaller that their fantasy figures, but at this scale I really don't think it matters too much!

Anyway, the rebasing commences...



...and in short order, two bases of crossbowmen and two bases of men-at-arms (spearmen).
  


Obviously I still have the rest of the force to rebase, and i need to do the ground texture, etc.

Anyway, the mess that's left.



Update:  I've made as much progress so far as I can. I've now proper run out of bases, and there are definitely no more in the house, so I'm waiting on the delivery from Minibits.

I'll do a decent army shot when its done, but for now, this is the result of the rebasing. I'll have to sort out a magic user base, and the dragon of course...








More to follow...




2 comments:

  1. Shaping up nicely! Rebasing is a bit of a chore but the end results speak for themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! These are going to be fab.

    ReplyDelete